PARKING AT PCCC
PCCC campus parking is a privilege, not a right. Parking is provided to students, faculty and staff who are engaged in College business and College-approved activities.
Everyone must register their vehicle with the PCCC Public Safety office where they will receive a parking hang tag or electronic window access device* (for use in the Broadway Parking Garage-Paterson) and a copy of the Campus Parking Rules and Regulations.
To park in any college facility, the hang tag must be clearly displayed or the electronic window access device must be affixed to the vehicle windshield. (See below for Visitor and Special Event Parking)
Everyone must adhere to campus parking regulations and/or regulations of municipal facilities used by PCCC for student, faculty, and staff parking.
WHERE TO REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE AT PCCC
Paterson – Dept. of Public Safety ID Room E-100 (first floor of Founder’s Hall). Tel: 973-684-5403
Passaic – Main Office Tel: 973-341-1600
Wanaque – Main Office Tel: 973-684-3000
Wayne – Main Office Tel: 973-304-6020
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE AND OBTAIN YOUR HANG TAG or ELECTRONIC WINDOW ACCESS DEVICE
1. Students, part-time employees, and adjunct faculty who will park a vehicle at the Paterson campus must first pay a $40 fee at the Bursar’s Office for the required electronic window device. There is no charge for full-time faculty or staff. (There is no charge for the hang tag used at other campuses).
2. To register your vehicle, you must go to the appropriate location on your campus (see Where to Register Your Vehicle above and present the following documentation:
- valid driver's license
- valid vehicle registration
- current insurance card
- proof of payment for the electronic window device from the Bursar’s office (if applicable)
- proof of current student or employee status
Students may verify current student status with a receipt for payment of the current semester tuition/fees OR with a copy of their validated course schedule for the current semester.
Employees may verify current employee status with employee ID card.
3. Only one device or hang tag may be issued per person. If you have obtained a device but must, in a special case, use a different vehicle from the one with the device attached, please bring your ticket from the Broadway Parking Garage to the Public Safety Office (Room E-100) to have the parking fee waived.
4. Students must update their parking devices at the Public Safety Office (Paterson) at the start of each semester. Failure to do so will result in loss of parking privileges.
*ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC WINDOW ACCESS DEVICE
1. An electronic window access device is required to enter/exit/park in the Broadway Parking Garage at the Paterson campus. The parking device MUST BE SECURED TO THE FRONT WINDSHEILD as directed in the parking device handout. Anyone who fails to secure the device to their windshield will be responsible for paying for their own parking for the day.
2. If you encounter a problem with the parking device DO NOT REMOVE THE DEVICE FROM YOUR WINDSHIELD UNLESS YOU ARE DIRECTED TO BY THE PCCC PUBLIC SAFETY DEPARTMENT. If you have any problems with the parking device come to the Public Safety Office and report the problem.
3. If you lose, damage, or remove the device for any reason except when directed to do so by PCCC Public Safety you will be responsible for the replacement fee of $40.00.