EDWARD AND VIRGINIA CASEY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Edward & Virginia Casey Memorial Scholarship is awarded to one (1) student attending Passaic County Community College, with an emphasis on serving a student that is ineligible to receive other forms of financial aid.
1. May be a part-time or full-time student at PCCC enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits per semester (students can be in developmental, ESL, or college-level studies).
2. Must demonstrate a strong desire to excel.
3. Must demonstrate potential for academic success and/or must remain in good academic standing.
4. Must demonstrate financial need as evidenced in the completed essay.
5. Preference will be given to students that are ineligible to receive other forms of financial aid.
6. Preference will be given to students with a 2.0 GPA or better at the time of application.
As per the checklist on page 3 of this package, please submit the scholarship application form (pages 2-3), a short essay, and copy of your transcript.
The Counseling/Student Development Specialist Staff of the Center for Student Success Scholarship Committee will review all applications and select one (1) recipient.
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded for attendance at Passaic County Community College for one academic year (fall 2010/spring 2011). The recipient must reapply to be considered for a second year. The scholarship is awarded for studying at Passaic County Community College and may not be transferred to other institutions.
The recipient will receive a scholarship of $250 per semester (fall 2010/spring 2011) to be credited for tuition, fees, and/or books. The student will receive a letter explaining the terms of the scholarship and must present a copy of this letter to the Bursar’s Office during registration each semester in order for funds to be credited.