How do I qualify?

Students walking at the Main Campus Park


In general, to receive financial aid at PCCC, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Be accepted as a degree seeking student to an A.A., A.S. or A.A.S. degree program, or
  • Be accepted as a certificate-seeking student in an eligible vocational program.* 
  • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident alien
  • Not be in default on a prior student loan
  • Not owe a repayment or overpayment of a federal grant
  • Be registered for Selective Service, if required: If you are male and entered the United States before the age of 26, you are required to register with Selective Service.
  • Have a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
  • A federal or state drug conviction can disqualify a student for FSA funds. The FAFSA asks whether the student has been convicted for a drug offense that occurred while the student was receiving federal student aid.
  • A student can’t receive FSA funds if he or she fraudulently obtained FSA funds and has not completely repaid those funds to the Department or the loan holder.
  • Neither the student nor parent can receive FSA funds if his or her property is subject to a judgment lien for a debt owed to the United States.


PLEASE NOTE: If the school receives information indicating that you may be ineligible for these (or other) reasons, the school may not pay the student FSA funds until the school has documented that the situation has been resolved.


Eligible Degree or Certificate Programs:

  • All A.A Degree Programs
  • All A.S. Degree Programs
  • All A.A.S. Degree Programs except A.A.S.ILS.TECH


* Eligible Vocational Programs

  • Computer and Information Sciences 
  • Criminal Justice
  • Fire Science
  • Food Service (Non-Credit courses)
  • Human Services
  • Medical Assistant (Non-Credit courses)
  • Medical Coding
  • Medical Transcriptions 
  • Office Systems Technology
  • Legal Office Specialist


Note: If you plan to take remedial classes, Federal Financial Aid programs (PELL, SEOG) will only pay towards a maximum of 30 remedial credits.